Muzeum Historyczno-Misyjne Zgromadzenia Księży Misjonarzy świętego Wincentego a Paulo Kraków
The Historical and Missionary Museum of the Congregation of the Missionary Fathers of Saint Vincent de Paul, Krakow
The Museum of Missionary Priests is located in the so-called Dom Stradomski (Stradomski House). The exhibition presents the history of the Congregation and missionary activities carried out in various parts of the world. It is divided into three sections: painting, goldsmithing and missionary exhibits. Among the historical objects in the painting section, three early Renaissance epitaphs by Julian Chełmski, Jan of Oświęcim and Jan Sacran, painted with tempera on wood in elaborate gilded frames, and a portrait of the Polish king Stefan Batory by Marcin Kober from 1583, are worth seeing. In the goldsmithing section, you can see chalices, patens, tins, monstrances and reliquaries (especially of Vincentian saints and beatified – Vincent de Paul, Louise de Marillac and Catherine Laboure). Among the missionary exhibits there is an extremely rich collection of Chinese items, including the only mandarin bed from the 19th century in Poland, lavishly gilded and carved, and shoes worn by ladies of the imperial court.