The original fortress, built in the 15th century by the castellan of Sącz, Piotr Myszkowski, consisting of a wooden building on a rectangular plan surrounded by a wall with towers in the corners. Invaders occupied and destroyed it at the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries. In the 16th century, the Bishop of Kraków, Wawrzyniec Myszkowski, built a Gothic-Renaissance castle on the site. In 1630, it was rebuilt at the cost of obliterating the earlier architectural features. The result was a two-storey early Baroque residence with three wings surrounding a rectangular arcaded courtyard enclosed by a wall on the fourth side, with two square towers at the front. All that remains of the third unfinished tower from the 18th century are the foundations. Later, the palace repeatedly changed owners, namely the Opaliński, Lubomirski and Potocki families. The last of these, in the years 1872–1908, was Count Adam Potocki, who developed a fish farm on the fishponds already existing in the vicinity of the castle. The carp bred here won the Grand Prix at the international exhibition in Paris in 1900. After the Second World War, the ruined and burnt-out facility was nationalised. From the 1970s to the 1990s It was renovated to restore its 17th century shape and adapted to house the Krakow branch of the State Archives. In the interiors, you can admire the preserved late-Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque stone portals.